Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame

Minor league baseball has to be one of the best dollar value entertainment options out there. I love it. I actually feel bad I don't get to more games. I mean we live just 2.5 miles from the stadium.

Tonight we were able to take the two girls to their first ballgame. My mother-in-law won a pair of tickets at a local supermarket promotion and gave them to us. And since kids under 2 get in free, our family of four was able to enjoy an evening's entertainment for nothing. (Well, I did indulge in one adult beverage. But I purchased it at the concession stand being manned by our school's track boosters, so it's OK.) The weather was chamber of commerce perfect, the babies were angels throughout and were enthralled looking around at all the new sights, and the home team was winning 11-1 when we left in the 8th inning. Can't beat that.

Back to reality tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Up the Creek - love it! You are so talented - and you're right about the paddles. Can't wait to try the new brew next week. And to read more posts.

    ReplyDelete