Monday, August 3, 2009

A new chapter

Well, that was a short-lived career as a freelance writer.

This morning I was offered a full-time position, and I accepted.

As with all changes in life, there are many things to be excited about, yet at the same time a certain level of sadness, too. It's always easier to maintain the status quo rather than venture out into uncharted territory, but that's just how things worked out. Without my previous job, I never would have met my wife, which means I would never have had my two girls. So it will always be a big part of who I am.

I must admit I did not expect to be gainfully employed again so quickly. Sort of negates the whole original direction of this blog, no? But as life has led me in a new direction, surely this blog will follow along.

It's always an interesting ride.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow ... we'll have to do beer-thirty and baby-squeezing again soon! [OK, gotta admit: The Writers' Block Wit was delish. I like beer! I really do! But maybe just from Up the Creek Brewing. And the girls are off the scale adorable. No wonder you're smitten.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh geez Louise. I just wanted to be a follower and now I'm all over the place. So tech-impaired I am. Who was Louise anyway?

    ReplyDelete